6:00 PM
0
Hi DD fans! Ashley (Smashley Sparkles) here, and I'm excited to share the winners from the Easter nail art contest we recently hosted. We actually ended up having two contestants tied for first place! Rose was one of those two winners, as chosen by the fans on Facebook who liked her photo. Her little chick nails are so adorable!

*****************************************************************************************




Hi guys, I’m Rose from Manicured and Marvelous and today I’m sharing this really cute Easter mani. Thank you for the ladies of The Digital Dozen for hosting this awesome contest without which I probably wouldn't have pushed myself into doing this design. At the end of the day that’s what really matters when you enter a contest, pushing yourself to achieving your next artist plateau. Let me show you guys what I came up with:




Cuteness explosion! I was actually inspired by a photo I found on Google when I searched ‘kawaii easter’, haha. In this post, I’ll be covering step-by-step how to create one of the three baby chicks onto your own nails.

I started off this design by creating the background of white polka dots on a green base. The polishes I used were Butter London Jaded Jack for the base and Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the dots. To make it easier, I use a dotting tool for the dots. Once I’m done I add a fast-drying topcoat, but be careful not to smear your dots.


I like using acrylics paint to design the majority of my nail art because it’s much easier for me to control. It also leaves so much more room for mistakes. So using black acrylic paint, I did a rough outline of the shape for the baby chick. Don’t worry about it being perfect, it’s a very rough outline. Make sure you add a few lines on the top to give the little guy some hair.

 
Then I go in with white acrylic paint and fill in body but make sure leave a thin black outline.


Now take your yellow paint and go over the white. Doing the white first before just going in with the yellow creates a more opaque and smoother look.

 
All that’s left now is the small details of the face. Using a dotting tool create two black circles for his eyes. For the peak, take a orange color and make three smaller dots in a triangle and then drag the dotting tool to connect them. And his little feet in black of course!

 
Add either a matte or glossy topcoat and you’re done!

 
It’s a pretty simple but very cute design that will make your friends gush over your nails for sure. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and I hope to see some recreations, be sure to tag me @roselynn787 on Instagram.

Thank you once again to the ladies from The Digital Dozen for having me.  



*****************************************************************************************

Congratulations to all our winners, and thanks to everyone who participated! I'm sure we will have more nail art contests in the future, so keep a look out for the next one. :)